Hill Of Promise
Boutique winery and cellar door, offering a true 'grape to glass' experience
'Hill of Promise' Winery & Cellar Door is family-owned and nestled in the heart of the fertile Isis district. Come and visit us today and experience one of Queensland's best-kept secrets.
Hill of Promise is the perfect holiday attraction while visiting the area. Wine tastings at the cellar door are free so bring along a picnic basket - or even something as simple as a loaf of crusty bread and cheese- to enjoy after a tasting. Sample the slower pace of country life on the verandah of a century-old Queenslander. Better still, why not take advantage of our Bed and Breakfast Cottages, only a few metres from the Cellar Door. Take a look at our Mango Hill Cottages website here.
- Wine tastings are FREE at the Cellar Door for individuals
- All our wines are produced on-site at the winery
- Wine tasting and cellar door sales 7 days per week between 10am and 4pm but phone to avoid disapointment.
- Have special order and need to arrange to pick up out of hours?
- No preservatives! We create our wines in an 'old world' style
- Cheese platers and lunch for groups by arrangement
- BYO picnics welcome
- Finish off with our great plunger coffee.
- Rustic scenery and large grounds perfect for relaxing afternoon
One Of Queensland's best kept secrets:
With a variety of wines for you to taste, including whites, reds, sparkling and fortifieds, there is something on offer for all palates. Each of these drops is made on site by the wine-making team of Terry and Mary Byrne. Take a look at our tasting notes to give you an idea of the hand-crafted wines available for your enjoyment.
We also proudly stock a range of gourmet products from locally sourced olives to amazing homemade jellies, pastes and chutneys. Click on our local produce link for more.
News and Events
Terry’s dad KEVIN famously arrived here in Childers in 1939 riding a push bike. It has been recently restored with care and attention to detail by local antiques dealer extra-ordinaire ALWYN HARRIP and now holds ‘pride of place’ in our refurbished serving area of the WINERY. THE WINERY CAFE will be open weekends for COFFEE […]
Take advantage of our rustic B&B! With a bed for the night theres no need to worry about the designated driver.